If you want to sell your vehicle or transfer ownership of it to a third party, or if you want to re-register it after spending a lot of time off the road, your vehicle needs to be certified as roadworthy by a qualified mechanic or technician. This typically involves a safety check and inspection of your vehicle's essential components, to ensure it's ready for the road.
Associated Tyre Service is staffed by a VicRoads Licensed Vehicle Tester, able to conduct roadworthy inspections on all passenger cars and light commercial vehicles for drivers in Moorabbin, Cheltenham, Bentleigh and all surrounding areas.
To have your vehicle certified as roadworthy:
- Book your vehicle in for a roadworthy inspection (RWC) by giving us a call on (03) 9583 6452, sending us an email via our contact page or talking to us in person at our workshop in Cheltenham.
- Bring your car in for the inspection along with your drivers licence, and a licensed vehicle tester will assess your car. If the vehicle passes the inspection a Roadworthy Certificate will be issued.
If your vehicle fails the first inspection:
- We will provide a list of items that will need to be rectified for the certificate to be issued. We will also provide you with a quote of the repair costs required.
- Any required repairs are to be carried out within seven days of the failed inspection. Repairs can be carried out by our fully trained technicians or a workshop of your choosing.
- Make a booking for a re-inspection. This must be done within seven days of the failed inspection. If the repairs are satisfactory and your vehicle passes the second inspection, a Roadworthy Certificate will be issued.
When selling or transferring ownership of your vehicle to a third party, an Application to Transfer Registration is also required. You may find it on VicRoads' website or by clicking here.